I went to take a few pictures of a bridge that was nearby where I grew up last weekend and I forgot how much I love to take pictures. Maybe I’ll slowly get back into this again…
Anyway – I made some real good cookies this morning and thought I’d share the recipe. It took a food processor. gasp. Ugh – It’s all of the way in the back. It’s like 5 pieces and at least 2 trips to the counter. I’ll just use the mixer. And a fork.
For some reason this morning I talked myself into getting it out and putting it together. I never – ever regret getting an appliance out. Vitamix, food processor, panini press. What’s it take – like 2 more minutes?? This recipe is totally worth it and when in doubt – just get it out.
These cookies only take a few minutes to make. No flour and no sugar. But seriously do not lack in flavor.
These cashew cookies are healthy enough to have for breakfast. That’s what we did this morning.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 6 softened medjool dates
- 2 T water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Put 6 medjool dates in a bowl with boiling water and let sit for about a half an hour.
- Add all of the ingredients (but the chocolate chips) in the food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 8-12 minutes.