I received a request for some low carb/low sugar recipes. Although this bread has fruit in it, it’s pretty versatile and you can make it lower carb if you so choose. You could swap out the fruit for more nuts; add lower carb fruits; skip the honey all together; you can even skip the butter and add in water instead – although I’m not sure why you would ever want to do that.
Start out with almond flour.
It seems I go through phases with almond flour. I bake about everything with it for a long while and then get sick of it and quit. – just long enough to miss it and start it up again.
Mix the almond flour along with the cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Add in the apples, dried fruits and nuts. If you coat the fruit and nuts with the flour mixture they will be distributed evenly in the cake instead of all sinking to the bottom.
Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes. A little longer if you make 1 large loaf.
It’s great on its own but even better with a large schmear of butter or cream cheese.
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 peeled, cored and chopped apple
- ½ dried apricots, roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup dried prunes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 T honey
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Add in fruit and nuts.
- Mix 4 eggs, butter and honey together.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Well grease 2 small loaf pans with butter.
- Pour in 2 small loaf pans or one regular sized one.
- Bake at 325 degrees until bread tests done.
- Approximately 40 minutes.