We are knee deep into fall – which is my absolute favorite season. The air is crisp and clean and the leaves are the most beautiful shades of reds, oranges and golds. Fall makes me want to bake anything apple, squash and pumpkin (although “pumpkin spice” is becoming quite overused and starting to get on my nerves…)
Kerrygold asked me to come up with snack recipes for Halloween. What a great challenge. I immediately started to browse the internet for spooky snacks. Most of them made me lose my appetite. Seriously. Be forewarned – if you have a weak stomach at all don’t google “Spooky Halloween Snacks”. Images of bloody fingers (hotdogs with ketchup), a meatloaf shaped rat and a pumpkin vomiting dip out of it’s mouth was more than I could take. And let me tell you, these were not the worst.
I decided to just make a quick and easy snack that I typically make and love – and came up with a name with the help of my 5 year old….Frankenstein skin. AKA Kale Chips with Cheese. These kale chips will not disappoint.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped into pieces
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese
- Spread cleaned and dried kale out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on the leaves and mix with hands.
- Spread out evenly.
- Sprinkler with salt.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 mintutes.
- Remove from oven and grate cheese over kale.
- Bake an additional 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool.