Who doesn’t love grilled sweet corn? Sweet tasting corn (non-gmo of course), tons of drippy butter and a sprinkling of salt. Who doesn’t secretly love the salt butter dripping down your chin as you’re moving down to the next row? Well – it’s a little awkward, but it’s never stopped me. Not much tops plain butter. However, I urge you to try this BBQ Butter and let me know what you think. It’s hard to beat butter and salt – but this BBQ gives regular old butter a run for it’s money.
Unsalted Kerrygold butter.
Heat the red onion in a little bit of olive oil.
After the spices have cooked for a few minutes add in the water.
Let it cook for another few minutes until the water evaporates.
This is what it should look like after the water is done evaporating. Let it cool down a bit before adding it to the softened Kerrygold Butter. You could put it in the food processor for a creamier texture if you wanted.
I added another sprinkle of salt on top of the BBQ Butter.
If you think your face looks messy with plain ole butter – try the BBQ 🙂
Just an FYI -it’s worth the extra napkins needed 🙂
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder (or regular)
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1'/2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz unsalted Kerrygold butter
- Cook the onions in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in all of the spices (excluding salt and worchestershire sauce).
- Cook for several minutes.
- Add in the water and let the water evaporate - another few minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add to softened Kerrygold unsalted.
- Blend well and add in worcestershire and salt.
- Serve over grilled corn.
The original recipe for the BBQ Butter came from here.