There is nothing like a grilled burger in the summer. I have made grilled burgers countless times this summer. The star of the show? Kerrygold Aged Cheddar obviously. That and my special sauce. Actually, the original recipe came from my Bon Appetit magazine. I tweaked it a bit and it is amazing. You’ll never want to have another burger without it. It combines all the good stuff. Mayo, ketchup, pickles and onions.
The good thing about the “special sauce” is that it’s made with items I typically have on hand.
Cornichons. Yum.Regular old dill pickles would work as well.
Pair up with grilled sweet corn with BBQ Butter and you have a wonderful summer supper.
- ½ cup maynonaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 T sweet pickles, chopped
- 4 T dill pickles or cornichons, chopped
- 2 T red onion
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp tabasco
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 pounds grass fed beef
- 8 oz Kerrygold Aged cheddar
- 8 homemade buns
- 16 slices bacon
- 2 T Kerrygold butter for toasting buns
- Mix sauce ingredients and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Cook bacon until slightly crispy.
- Grill burgers.
- Toast buns with Kerrygold butter.
- When burgers are almost done, top with cheese.
- When cheese is melted, place on a toasted bun and top with sauce.