This is definitely one of my go to recipes when I’m getting company for a late morning brunch or an afternoon tea. It has never failed me yet. Tangy yogurt and cream cheese with raspberry jam and almonds. Not much goes better with a cup of coffee. The hardest part is waiting until it cools off.
Not only does this have sliced or chopped almonds on top of it, it has almond flavoring. On a side note – I bought some almond scented lotion a few months ago. After using it one night I could not get this cake out of my head. The almond smell must have triggered the smell of the almond extract. I had to make it immediately when I woke up. Anyway…
I promise you, once you make it, it will become a “go to” for you as well.
I didn’t get too many prep pictures on this one – actually none at all.
- 2¼ cups organic flour
- ¾ cup organic sugar or sucanat
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Stonyfield greek yogurt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a 9-inch spring-form pan
- Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, and butter in a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (you can also a pastry cutter instead)
- Remove 1 cup of mixture from food processor and set aside.
- To remaining mixture in processor add baking soda, baking powder, salt, greek yogurt, almond extract, and 1 egg
- Process until batter is just combined and smooth
- Spread batter evenly into bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan
- Beat cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 egg together in a bowl until smooth
- Pour into batter-lined pan and spread evenly
- Spread raspberry preserves carefully over cheese filling
- Stir reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the layer of raspberry preserves
- Bake until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes
- Cool 15 minutes before removing side of pan
- Let cool completely before serving, about 1 hour.