This is an oldie but a goodie. Whenever I make these bars I wonder why I don’t make them more often. Think nutri-grain bar but better. Way better.
These are great for breakfast, for a snack or even a dessert.
I used raspberry jam because I had some open. I’ve used blueberry and strawberry before – both of which were really good. I’ve got some apricot jam in the refrigerator that I’m going to try next time. Raspberry has been my favorite thus far.
- ¾ cup organic whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup organic oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1 stick butter
- ½ jar (around 5 ounces) raspberry jam, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Sift coconut sugar and add to the bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture until it forms crumbs.
- Put half of the crumb mixture in a 9x9 pan.
- Press into the bottom.
- Spread the jam on top.
- Pour the rest of the crumb mixture over the top.
- Press into the pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.