The first meal I made as a new mom, years ago, was baked eggs. and it was wonderful. Butter, creamy eggs – hot out of the oven. I remember them burning all the way down because I was in such a hurry. I ate them as soon as they got out of the oven -standing over the stove- shoveling them into my mouth because I knew Ollie would need to eat in seconds. He was a very collicky baby and I’m pretty sure he was crying the entire time. I think back to those first few months – wondering how I did it. When 3 hours of sleep a night was good. That was 3 total I might add – not 3 full.
But that was years ago – and I’m almost over it.
These baked eggs are actually Herbed Baked Eggs. I have made them before and have used the fresh parsley, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Let me tell you – the Kerrygold garlic herb butter is so much easier. And when you add up all of those herbs… this is definitely the cheaper way.
I like a lot of butter – so I actually added about a tablespoon and a half to each of my ramekins.
I can only eat about 2 eggs – so that’s what I put in the ramekins.
They are so quick and so easy – and definitely satisfying. It would be a perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 4 T herbed Kerrygold butter
- 4 T cream
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place 1 T of herbed butter each in a ramekin dish (4 dishes total)
- Place the ramekins under the broiler until it melts.
- Remove the dishes and crack the eggs into the melted butter - 2 to a dish.
- Try not to break the yolks.
- Add 1-2 T of cream to each dish.
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Put under the broiler for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve with toasted bread.