Hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving! We are in the midst of our Thanksgiving Festivities. One wave is done and the 2nd begins tomorrow morning with a 3rd following on Sunday.
We had company on Wednesday evening and instead of having a big meal, we had appetizers and cocktails around 5pm. It was so nice eating early and light the night before the big traditional meal on Thursday. My last few recipes work perfectly for an appetizer menu and I served them all. We had Jalapeno Cheese Bites, Savory Chocolate Crackers, Green Olive Cheeseball, sopressata, capocollo and dry sausage. I also made a loaf of crusty french bread and added a bowl full of baby carrots and crackers.
I’ve made the same cheeseball for the last 15+ years and it’s always a hit. I’ve always thought of cheeseballs as a “dated” appetizer so I was so excited to see this month’s Bon Appetit magazine featuring several different cheeseball recipes. Can food recipes be dated? I don’t think so.
Below is a recipe for my green olive cheeseball. I typically have everything on hand and it takes about 2 minutes to make. What’s easier than that?
- 2 8 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 cups Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, grated
- ½ cup chopped green olives
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2T worcestershire sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mixer.
- Lay the chopped nuts on a piece of parchment paper.
- Scoop the cream cheese mixture on the pecans and form into a ball, making sure the pecans cover the whole ball.
- Chill for a few hours before serving