We have the best market here that has an incredible selection of organic produce. When I was loading my cart the other day I came across this…
Did you know this is how brussels sprouts grow?? I had no idea. I never thought about it really. Maybe I live in a cave.
There was no way I couldn’t buy it – it was so different. Fitting it in my frig is another story…
Also – it’s brussels not brussel. Nope – didn’t know that one either. Good thing I don’t talk to many people about brussels sprouts –
This isn’t an earth shattering recipe. Just plain ol’ roasted brussel sprouts. Salty and crunchy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside.
- 1 - 1½ pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or break the brussels off of the stem.
- Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle on olive oil and make sure they are all covered.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 400 for 35-40 minutes.
- Shake the pan about half way through.