I got this picture on our walk home from the grocery store the other day. We are fortunate enough to be close to the park where the hot air balloons take off. There were a half a dozen in the sky. I bet it was beautiful looking down on fall. I prefer this view. feet. on. ground.
We eat pizza fairly often at our house. It’s usually on a Friday or Saturday night. We make it an event. Ollie helps me roll out the dough – Jason and I have a good beer or glass of wine while we put the toppings on. It doesn’t feel the same if we try and pull it off on- say a Tuesday night.
Last week I made BBQ Chicken Pizza. I had made a chicken in the crock pot the day before. I made chicken salad and had plenty left over for pizza.
My guys are BBQ guys. It goes on everything- making this one of their favorite pizzas.
Nothing says good BBQ Pizza like fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.
“Not so much!” on the one of course 🙂
BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of the easiest to make. BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion and cheese.
I use this pizza dough.
- 1 - 2 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ diced red onion
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Flatten the pizza dough out to desired shape.
- Put on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix cooked chicken with ¼ cup BBQ sauce.
- Spread the remaining BBQ sauce on the pizza dough.
- Spread the cooked chicken on the dough.
- Sprinkle red onion and then cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Dollop with a few more drops of sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and freshly grated parmesan.