Our last week has been filled with long walks in the crisp evening air and going home to help my parents harvest.
My husband is a wanna be farmer. He tries to clear his schedule over planting time and harvesting time – at least for a few days to help. – and loves it.
What’s not to love really. Spending time with family – eating lunch outside – and being surrounded by the crops you seeded months before.
On with a quick easy recipe – Egg, Bacon & Apple Sandwich.
This is a great bite – to have at home or in the field.
Gather all of your ingredients. I’ve been making a big batch of bacon in the oven and then freezing them – taking out what I need.
Once you’ve toasted the English Muffin – or bread of choice – layer with cheese and bacon. I put butter on one side and a little bit of dijon mustard on the other.
Layer with a fried egg sprinkled with salt.
- 4 English Muffins
- 4 Fried Eggs
- 4 Pieces of Bacon cut in half
- ½ apple sliced very thin
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Split and toast the english muffins.
- Schmear dijon mustard on one side and butter on the other.
- Layer with a slice of cheese on both sides.
- Stack egg and bacon on top of the cheese.
- Broil for a minute or 2 until the cheese melts.
- Top with sliced apple and fold sandwich together.