This is another go to meal when we are in a hurry. The cottage cheese not only makes it cheesy (obviously), it makes it really moist and flavorful.
I made a pan of hash browns to go with the eggs.
I’ve learned that for great hashbrowns you need a really hot pan. If the potatoes don’t sizzle when you lay them in, you’re in trouble.
I use about 2 T butter per side.
Flip them on a plate when they are done on one side – then slide them back into the hot pan to do the 2nd side.
Once you are done with one side, add in another 2 T butter to do the 2nd side. Make sure the butter gets good and hot again.
Crunchy and golden brown on both sides.
While you are making the hashbrowns, the frittata gets perfectly done.
- ½ sweet pepper or mix of small peppers
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- sprinkle of parsley
- handful of spinach or greens
- Saute the peppers in 2 T butter in a cast iron pan.
- Add in the greens so they wilt.
- In a mixing bowl whip the eggs so they are fluffy.
- Add in the milk, cottage cheese, salt and parsley.
- Add to peppers and greens.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.