I woke up to a cool morning today. A perfect excuse to warm the house with a batch of muffins.
Instead of using chocolate chips, I used unsweetened carob chips. I feel better about giving them to my kids (and myself) than I do chocolate chips the first thing in the morning.
BTW -when is it acceptable to turn on the fireplace??
Mix all of the ingredients together.
Fold in the raspberries and carob chips.
Divide batter into 12 muffins.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
They make the house smell so good!
This really is my favorite time of year.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup carob chips
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the flour, carob chips and raspberries.
- When everything is blended well, add in the almond flour.
- Mix well.
- Add in raspberries and carob chips until everything is evenly distributed.
- Drop batter into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for about 22- 30 minutes.