On dark dreary days like today, I wake up with baking on my mind. I couldn’t come up with anything imaginative this morning so I made a batch of regular old blueberry muffins.
It could have been the fact that it was 5:30am and that I hadn’t had my jolt of caffeine that smothered my creativity.
Dinner time rolls around and the only thing I see are 2 sad looking peaches laying on the counter…swarms of gnats hovering over the poor things.
I made a delicious peach salsa last weekend for some bluefin tuna we grilled.
A little eggs and a little peach salsa?? I don’t know why not.
Peaches, jalapeno pepper, red onion, cilantro and fresh peaches.
Fried egg in browned butter.
Into a warmed tortilla.
It’s still summer folks.
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 fresh peeled and diced peaches
- handful of fresh cilantro
- ½ diced jalapeno pepper
- ½ juice of lime
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Chop onion, peaches, cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Add in the lime juice, honey and salt.
- Mix together and let sit for 10 minutes to develop flavors.