I’m still nursing my 9 month old. I’ve always had “enough” milk, but it never hurts to be ahead of the game… I’ve found several lactation cookie recipes online, but the ones I could find always had flour and I wasn’t overly impressed. I’m not against flour – but sometimes I feel weighed down by it. And I tend to eat more than one cookie. So, I came up with a new recipe. They taste amazing and definitely don’t weight you down. I keep these in the freezer and snack on them probably more than I should.
Blend almond butter, butter and sugar
Splash of vanilla
Brewers Yeast and flax
Oatmeal, salt and baking soda
- No Flour Lactation Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar or sucanat
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups oatmeal (I use gluten free)
- ¼ cup brewers yeast
- 1 cup or so of chocolate chips
- Blend the butter, peanut butter and sugar of choice until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
- Sometimes I add in a couple of tablespoons on flax seed if I have it.